Chef de Partie
The Petwood Hotel is a 53 room hotel set in the heart of the Lincolnshire countryside. With a history stretching back to the early 1900s, it is a building steeped in history from the Edwardian great and the good to the men and women of the Royal Air Force. We are always looking for hard working and flexible people to join our passionate and dedicated team to deliver a first class experience to our guests and visitors.
Hotel Chef de Partie – Part time / Full Time
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Chef de Partie to join the Petwood Hotel in Lincolnshire. The hotel has 53 bedrooms and is proud to have an award-winning restaurant, bar and alfresco dining in its Grade II listed gardens. In addition, the hotel runs a vibrant weddings, conferences and events operation.
We are looking for a Chef de Partie to join the fantastic AA Rosette kitchen team.
As Chef de Partie you will support the General Manager, Head Chef and Sous Chefs in:
- Preparing and cooking dishes on the menus according to section to standards set by the Head Chef and Sous Chefs
- Maintain adequate section stock levels to meet the needs of the business and place orders with Head Chef or Sous Chef. Check items against delivery notes and record and address shortfalls. Maintain secure stock storage. Minimise expenses by careful control of food stock.
- Research, compose and submit to the Head Chef new dishes for the section, supporting the evolution of menu development, including financial, food safety, seasonal and quality variants and requirements.
- Cook, chill, label, store and rotate food, keeping required records and taking appropriate action where necessary to ensure compliance with HACCP procedures and food hygiene regulations
- Maintain high standards of cleanliness and hygiene practices in line with legal and company requirements. Keep the kitchen equipment clean and in good working order. Report hazards and maintenance requirements to the Head Chef or Sous Chef.
- Supervise and provide training and guidance to Commis Chefs on the section you work in.
- Assist in preparation and cooking of employee meals. Cover breakfast duties as required
- Maintain regular communication by attending team briefings and meetings and relevant site meetings.
- Maintain up to date knowledge of food industry trends. Lead own development needs.
As part of the role, you will be required to work 5 days out of 7 including early shifts from 7am, evenings, weekends and bank holidays.Your own transport is essential. There is no permanent live in accommodation provision
If you’re a talented Chef de Partie looking for an exciting new role within a friendly,family run hotel environment, then apply now.