DELIVERING FIRST CLASS SERVICE
The Petwood Hotel is a 53 room hotel set in the heart of the Lincolnshire countryside. With a history stretching back to the early 1900s, it is a building steeped in history from the Victorian great and the good to the men and women of the Royal Air Force. We are always looking for hard working and flexible people to join our passionate and dedicated team to deliver a first class experience to our guests and visitors.
We are now looking to recruit a Hotel receptionist to join our team. This role will involve shift work on a rota basis including weekends and bank holidays. Shifts run between 7am to 3pm and 3pm to 11pm.
The position is a full time role working on a shift pattern of 5 days out of 7 and you will report to the Reservations Manager.
General duties will include:
- Checking guests in and out of the Hotel
- Welcoming visitors to the Hotel
- Directing guests to all areas of the hotel
- On shift banking procedures
- Daily cash banking procedures
- Professional use of the telephone and emails both internal and external
- Completing reservation admin – making, amending and cancelling reservations
- Up-selling where possible to maximise room occupancy and use of hotel services/facilities
- Closely liaising with all hotel departments
- Knowledge of the hotel and surrounding area that can be offered to guests as and when required
The ideal candidate for this role will have:
- Experience of providing excellent customer service within a hospitality setting
- Experience with Rezlynx is essential
- The confidence and initiative to work alone on shift
- Organisational skills
- A clean and tidy appearance
- A courteous and welcoming demeanour
- Good timekeeping skills
- Excellent communication skills
Due to the location of the hotel your own transport is essential.
If you feel you are the person we are looking for to join our family team, please email a copy of your CV and covering letter using the link below to our Reservations Manager Jackie Baker.