THE PETWOOD HOTEL
Hotel access explained
The Petwood Hotel
The Petwood Hotel is a 53 bedroom hotel on the outskirts of Woodhall Spa. The restaurant and bar, which are open to non-residents, are both on the ground floor of the Hotel. We have a ramp at the front door of the Hotel to provide access for wheelchair users.
We are situated approximately ½ mile from the centre of the village and there is a path on the opposite side of the road from the hotel which links us to the main village.
The Hotel can be contacted by telephone or email.Telephone number 01526 352411 or email email@example.com
The nearest Railway station with a taxi rank is at Sleaford which has trains to Peterborough and Grantham.
There is a regular bus service from the village to Lincoln and Boston. Details are available from reception.
Arrival, Entrance, Car Parking and Reception
The Hotel is marked at the entrance from the road with a large clearly lit sign.
We have a large car park with reserved disabled spaces at both the Main Door and the entrance to the Woodland Suite. The car park is well lit and the main car park is tarmaced with a gravelled surface in the over flow car park.
The main door is accessible by a ramp into the porch. There is a small step of approximately 4cm down from this, then a small step up of around 2cm through the internal door. The main reception is just inside the main door. A hearing loop has been installed at the reception desk. Seating is available for guests to use whilst checking in if required. Assistance with luggage is available if required. We are also happy to give guests a tour of the relevant facilities at any stage – prior to booking, on arrival or at a later stage. Additional keys can be provided on request. Any payment can be made by cash, cheque or credit/debit card.
The entrance to the Woodland Suite facilities from the car park is a level asphalt surface and has no steps or ramp.
Bar Area and Drawing Room
Access to the bar is level and within the bar area there is a variety of seating including some chairs with arms. Food and drink orders are taken at the bar. Food is then taken to the table by the waiting staff and drinks can be taken to the table on request. Access to the Drawing Room is via 4 doors, 3 of which have two steps and the 4th has a ramp for wheelchair access. A variety of seating is available including chairs with arms. Orders for afternoon tea are taken at the reception desk or the bar and are then served to the table by the waiting staff.
The access to the restaurant is level with no steps. Seating is available in chairs with or without arms. Our chefs use local produce as much as possible and with prior notice are happy to cater for special diets. Menus can be provided in larger print if required. Lighting is atmospheric but can be adjusted for some tables.
The public toilets are on the ground floor and include two separate disabled toilets each of which have baby changing facilities. One is situated in the central part of the Hotel near the Restaurant and the other is near the entrance to the Woodland Suite conference facilities. Both have the benefit of the following:
- Emergency alarm pull cord
- Transfer space beside the toilet – to the left in the facilities near the main restaurant and to the right in the facilities in the Woodland Suite
- A fixed horizontal rail is beside the toilet on the opposite side to the transfer space
- There is a vertical rail beside the basins
- There are lever taps on the basins
Conference, Meeting Rooms and Banqueting
All conference and meeting rooms are on the ground floor. A portable hearing loop can be installed as requested. Please ensure that conference organisers or the Hotel are notified in advance of any specific requirement such as seating or diet, we will try to accommodate everyone’s needs where possible. The public toilets for these areas are as already specified.
There is one accessible bedroom on the ground floor which has specific facilities for disabled guests comprising:
- Level entry shower with a shower stool available on request
- Wide doors – the entry door is heavy but assistance canbe provided if required
- A seat raiser with rails is available for the toilet on request – this can also be put into other rooms if required
- A telephone is provided in both the bedroom and bathroom. Mobile telephone signals can vary
- A fire alarm for guests who are hard of hearing which vibrates under the pillow is available on request. This can also be used as an alarm clock and can be used in any room
- Wifi is available in this room and in public areas and is free of charge – Wifi is currently not available in all rooms
- There is a seated spy hole in the door
- The room has Twin Beds and bed raisers are available on request – these can also be used in other rooms if required
- Limited 24 hour room service is available and refrigeration can be provided in the main kitchen if required
- Feather free bedding can be provided on request
- Rooms are equipped with a hairdryer, and irons and ironing boards are available on request
- Tea and coffee making facilities are available in the rooms – herbal and green teas are available on request together with fresh milk.
Terrace and Gardens
Access to the terrace is via the bar with a ramp from the outside door, there is a small step of approx 3cm to the ramp. The terrace is uneven in places. There is a ramp from the terrace to the gardens on the far left hand side. There are paved and gravel paths around the gardens. Surfaces are uneven in places.
If you require any assistance during your stay please contact reception which is manned by either a receptionist, duty manager or night porter for 24 hours a day. Details of local equipment hire companies are available on request. If you would like further information please contact us on 01526 352411.